Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Making Memories & 5th Avenue

I'm sitting here wondering how on earth to express just how excited I am to once again be back on the Making Memories blog today! Jenny was so sweet and asked if I would like to make a layout using their new 5th Avenue line. I of course said yes!

When I opened the box and saw that the papers had flocking and glossy accents I was truly in awe. However I then saw papers that had beautiful flower cutouts and they got me..hook line and sinker! So here's some more items I made..because who can ever just stop at one layout!LOL (and if you like to see things bigger..you can click on all the images to enlarge..just use your back arrow to come back to this page.)


Adore Card




For this card I layered all the flower diecuts onto one another and popped them up with a foam square for added dimension. Added the beautiful matching brad and the "I Adore You" cardstock sticker for a card that would even be great for Valentine's Day for a new color twist.


Hi Card
This card was inspired by a fantastic card sketch at the Card Positioning Systems Blog http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/. It was card sketch #45 that caught my eye for this one!

This card as you can see uses the amazing glossy patterned paper. It's beautiful! I cut a strip of it and the blue polka dot and sewed a crazy, wavy stitch.(well that's how it turned out!LOL) and added the ribbon, diecut tag and chipboard alphabet.

And you know I just couldn't stop still. This paper seems to go with everything around me..and including me. Rarely do I find myself the topic of my layouts. I fuss over what I look like, did my face look fat, how many chins do I have and pick myself apart to the point I move on to a layout about the kids instead!LOL But this time I decided I should just use the pictures.

Be Yourself Always


For this layout I used the paper with the beautiful flower cutouts.It's absolutely amazing! I layered the diecut flowers, hand cut out the flocked leaves, popped up the larger flowers and finished off with rhinestones. I staggered the tags under the ribbon and created a unique title using the diecuts.


And last I do want to show this layout again of me and my sweetie! Just to say that you can find inspiration everywhere. If you noticed the song on my blog, Bubbly by Colbie Caillat..you'll soon realize that the lyrics..You Make My Smile..were the inspiration for this layout! I now seem to hum this song everyday...LOL




I want to once again thank Jenny and Making Memories for making my new year truly start off with a bang. And to show my appreciation..I'd like to offer up a fun scrapbook goodie or two. So if you would..please leave a comment..perhaps about the MM 5th Avenue line, or your thoughts on that cute Bubbly song. But drop me a comment and come Friday I'll pick a name or two to receive some scrapbook goodies!

Happy Wednesday,

Julia

29 comments:

  1. I've got to say, this paper does look yummy!!! And your layouts are beautiful, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great projects!!!! LOVE that line of paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, that ADORE card is perfect! This line is such a great fit for you. (And I love that song, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great great layouts!!!! but I love card, these are beautiful!!!!

    have a wonderful week!!!

    Katey

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I'm amazed at your talent Julia!! You did a great job with this line of products. The products look amazing and I love how you did a layout on yourself - you'll cherish it forever. And wouldn't you know, I actually have that song running through my head today. I just downloaded the album to my iPod and was listening to it on my way to work this morning.
    -Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your work - love the new line of making memories- will definatly be getting it when it comes out
    elizabeth holder
    tpddiver@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Congrats Julia! Your projects are super! This looks like a fun line. :)

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your post on the MM blog, Julia! I'm green with envy and can't wait to get my hands on some of those papers and embellishments! Holy cow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just when you think MM cant get any better they come out with more MUST HAVES. You did a wonderful job with the product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your cards and LO's!!! Congrats on being on the MM Blog! And I adore that song---so cute!
    -Jenni
    jensmith001@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you cut out the flower from the paper to use. Also the glossy accents on the paper is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just cute stuff, Julia! Always love to see MORE MM! And yes, that song does make one happy and I'll probably be humming it for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dianne-South Africa1/16/2008 12:59:00 PM

    Wow!!!! What a stunning range. I just love the color combinations. You did a wonderful lo and loved how you use all the left overs for the cards. no waste. Keep up the inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your MM blog appearances ~ I was blogsurfing and thought I recognized you (from your CMK avatar) ;) !
    I cannot wait to see this 5th Avenue collection up close & personal... looks like it is just my style! Love what you have created with it! -rae

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your MM blog appearances-Love your LO's and the 5th avenue collection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. your outfit looks like you dressed for the paper! great stuff!

    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an amazing job Julia, I love the lo you did of yourself!! I have to say my son *loves* your song. As soon as he heard it he grabbed my hand and wanted me to dance with him and gave me a huge kiss. Awwww!! We'll be coming back just to hear it again. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julia, Hi its Kathy from Croppers Cottage. I love the layouts on the MM blog. I especially like the papers that you used from their new line. The colors are just amazing. I can't wait to see the special effects they have. So if you pick me I can see them all the sooner. Just kidding. Congrats on the guest designer and all your accomplishments. You are truly special.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Julia!! Those LOs and cards are amazing, love them!! I can not wait to get my hands on those papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia, I'm glad you always pop in at the Cottage to let us know what is going on with you in the scrapping world. I always have loved your layouts, pretty papers, pretty colors used by a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are wonderful LOs and the new line has beautiful colors. I can see this finding its way into my stash :) Thanks for sharing the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think those photos of you are gorgeous (what are you so worried about??? LOL!) And your pages are fantastic. I'm totally in love with this 5th Ave. line and CANNOT wait to get my hands on some. I totally adore the colors. You're right, they could go with so much! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Julia,
    really love your 5th Avenue creations! Bubbly is just the right song to represent this light summer feeling I also see looking at your pages :-)
    Thank you for bringing a little summer breeze to cold and grey Germany!
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  24. Followed the MM link to your sight. I'm so glad I did. These papers are so beautiful!! Can't wait until my lss gets them!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that line! The color combination is adorable. MM is so rawkin it as usual. And I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your talent just spills over onto your layouts..... they're beautiful! As far as the paper goes, oh gosh.... I have that "giddy" feeling inside just like I had when I met my husband. Shamefully, I went through a period where I just wasn't that impressed with MM but that has SO ended because I've been falling in love with them for over a year now and this collections just BEATS ALL! Since I scrap mostly males, the colors of this are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what gorgeous goodies and projects! DH and I actually saw Colbie Caillat in concert (she was the opening act) and totally fell in love with that song too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow, love your layouts and card... you are very talented and have really inspired me today! I love that song too!
    Congrats on being featured on the MM blog.... very deserving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!!