For those in the St.Louis area who are Show Me St. Louis fans...here's the snowball craft and instructions from today's show.
Aluminum Bucket (found at your hardware store)
Various size Styrofoam balls (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Bo Bunny Winter Whisper Scrapbook Papers (available at For Keeps Sake)
Bo Bunny Double Dot Ribbons
Doodlebug Sugar Coated Chipboard Alphabet
Doodlebug Loopy Lou Alphabet Stickers
Paper Salon Chipboard Tag & Alphabet
White and Aqua Glitter
Glue Stick or Paper Adhesive
Plaid Mod Podge
Long Pearl Head and regular pins
Silver Sequins (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Various Size Circle Punches
Colorbox Chalk Inks (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
1) For the circle snowballs…punch 20-30 circles in various sizes from the print papers. Starting at the middle of the Styrofoam ball…pin the papers onto the ball. You can pin them on with a sequin, additional paper or just as they are. Work your way around the ball and then start filling in until complete. An added option is to ink the edges of the circles with the Colorbox Chalk inks for a soft edge.
2) For the glitter snowballs…use foam brush and cover with Plaid Mod Podge. Sprinkle glitter heavily over the snowball until coated. Shake off the excess. Pour excess back into glitter jar. And Repeat.
3) For the sequin snowballs…use straight short pins and sequins. Pin sequins on in same pattern as circles. Working around middle and then filling in until complete.
4) To make the sign…tear a piece of cardboard around a 11 by 6 inch size. Ink the edge with Colorbox Creamy Brown ink. Add Bo Bunny Winter Whisper paper. Add sequins to snowflake centers on paper. Add edge of white chipboard tag with Colorbox Robin’s Egg. Add letter stickers. Tie ribbon to tag. Ink edges of “all”. Adhere to sign. Adhere tag with “day” to sign. Add Doodlebug letters for “snowballs”. Adhere sign to wood dowel.
5) Fill bucket with styrofoam or papers close to the top. Then add a layer of white tissue paper. Add the snowballs and stick sign in!
6) Decorate bucket as you desire…add some paper, ribbons and snowflake to finish it off!
What a great decoration for this time of the year and even better…it doesn’t melt!
For those not in St.Louis...here's a link to the show