Friday, July 17, 2009
Welcome Show Me St.Louis viewers!
Today I shared ideas for making mini albums that don't have to be too daunting and overwhelming to tackle! It's very easy as well when you work with products from a line such as the new Making Memories Great Escape! I love their products!!
Here's some additional photos from the Destination Album
And the product information:
Making Memories Great Escape Papers, Stickers, Flag Pins, Journaling Book, Letters, Ribbons, Transparency and Album
Making Memories Precision ScissorsMaking Memories Passport Mini Book Kit
Making Memories Noteworthy Clear Diecuts
Bo Bunny Buttons
Colorbox Chalk Inks Jelly Bean collection & Chestnut Roan, Olive Pastel
Fiskars Border Punches Boundry, Effervescence
3L SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES EZ Dots, EZ Runner Permanent Tape, 3D Foam Squares
* Select your photos to work with for the album. Keeping in mind when working with a smaller sized album photos 4 by 6 in size and smaller tend to work best. With a larger album you have more freedom to use photos 4 by 6 and larger. Smaller albums are nice..as they offer a quick approach to completion. Look for albums that allow expansion as often more items need to be added in as you complete the project.
* To make album cover, trim the Transparency paper to fit over cover of album. Adhere to cover use EZ Dots. Add paper, flowers and embellishments to cover. Print small 3 by 3 photo to adhere on the inside of the album. Add decorative letters.
* For your pages…remember to keep the focus on your pictures. Mixing and matching papers and embellishments to best suit the photos and themes. If you work within one product manufacturer, such as Making Memories, you’ll find that many of the products work well from other collections. So sit down and go through your supplies first before you start. Many a project has been made and afterward the supplies that I should of used have been found. So it’s always good to go through everything first.
* For other album consider albums that allow you to slide in your photos. Add journaling and details to photo openings to make preserving your family memories a snap!
* And if you’re looking for a special item to hold your momentos that are a bit larger…consider a cigar box that you can decorate to match your albums.
Also for a chance to win the Scrapbook Trends Magazine (retail value $14.95 along with the Mini Book Idea Book (retail value $17.95)
leave a comment here on my blog! Let me know your favorite vacation or staycation! I'll pick a random name from the comments to win the two books! Please leave a comment by Sunday, July 19th! I'll post the winner on my blog on Monday, July 20th!
Also for those that have noticed the pendants I wear on the show each month..yes..they are made by me. For those in St.Louis they are sold at Kimmswick Korner in sweet Kimmswick, Missouri. Tell Jodi I sent you! For those that are not local but would like to see more of my pendants...just click on my Etsy store link on the right! They're truly one of a kind glass pendants!