Thanks for tuning in yesterday to Show Me St. Louis!
As promised...here are the instructions and supplies for the cute Santa house! Love this craft! And also some information and links for the prior two weeks crafts as well. As always if I can help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask!
Up on the HouseTop Holiday Craft (love this one!!)
Designer: Julia Sandvoss
Me & My Big Ideas Holiday Paper Pad (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Me & My Big Ideas Holiday Chipboard Embellishments (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Me & My Big Ideas Holiday Paper Strips (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, Carrara Marble Tinsel Glitter & Glittering Glue (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Martha Stewart Red & White Baker’s Twine (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Martha Stewart Icicle Border Punch (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Paper Mache House (available at Hobby Lobby)
Plaid Folk Art Paints – Winter White
Colorbox Chalk Inks (available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro Adhesive
Making Memories Slice Die Cut Machine & Basic 1 Cartridge
Hot Glue Gun
1) First paint the house. This does not need to be perfect as we’ll cover the house with papers. Just enough that you no longer see the paper mache color.
2) Next select the papers you like for the house. Mix and match stripes,dots and plaids for a fun look. Mark the sides of the paper to cut to the width and height of the house. Then lay the paper down, with the house on the paper. From the inside of the house trace the window shapes onto the backside of the paper. Use a craft knife to cut out the small window openings.
3) Once you have the house pieces cut out…adhere with the Glue Glider onto the house.
4) Next cut pieces to fit the roof and sides of home. I use a thin piece of “junk” paper to create a template for the roof and sides. I take the paper and press it on the area I need…creasing it along the roof lines. Then I cut out the pattern along my crease marks creating a template for my good paper.
5) After adhering the roof and sides, select a paper to use to create the windows. You can hand cut these or use a Die Cut Machine such as the Slice for these as well. Ink and adhere to house.
6) Next using the paper strips, punch out pieces you like for the icicles that will hang on the house. You need several to go on the roof lines and across the front of the house. Apply a light coat of the Glitter Glue than generously sprinkle the Crystal glitter onto the paper. Shake off extra onto paper or glitter try to return back to the bottom. Then adhere icicle punch strips to the roof line, house and door
7) Add small spots of glue using the Glitter Glue to the roof, roofline and chimney. Sprinkle Crystal and Tinsel glitter to look like snow has fallen on the roof. You can really go to town here adding quite a bit to make it look like snow has collected on the rooftop. It’s your choice how much or how little you use.
8) Add a small amount of hot glue to the tree and adhere to front of house. Add hot glue to Santa and reindeer and position on rooftop as you like.
9) Cut a short piece from the Red Baker’s twine. Add a small bit of hot glue to Santa and then to backside of reindeers to look like Santa’s reins.
10) Last add a layer of glitter glue around base of house. Then generously sprinkle Tinsel Glitter for a fun snowy ground.
*Fun idea…since the roof comes off the house…add a battery operated candle inside!
My sincere thanks to Michael’s Craft Stores for sponsoring me with products for use in this fun Holiday Craft!!
The Cute Cute Holiday Countdown Calendar
Information on this craft also posted here...just two posts prior.
Last weekend's Reindeer Trio and Ornament
Be sure to check out next Saturday, December 19th, for a beautiful Trio of paper trees! You won't want to miss those!
Thanks so much!!