Wow...what a weekend! Mine wasn't so fun....can you say Strep Throat and Sinus Infection? Yes I had both....a lovely trip to the Urgent Care Center got me some meds and I spent Saturday, Sunday and part of Monday in bed. I had no choice...there's was no moving for me. YUCK!
But I'm feeling more like me...still sinusy...still congested..but thankfully my throat is getting better. And my sweet hubby made many trips for me to Sonic for Fruit Slushes and Limeades. Yumm..that was the only thing that sounded good at all!!
I wanted to be sure to share with the St. Louis Post readers the first of my 4 holiday craft projects. Unfortunately this cutie was only in black and white in the paper and deserves to be shown in all of it's color glory! ;-)
3D Holiday Advent Countdown
Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly Papers & Chipboard Embellishments (available at www.scrapbook.com)
Karen Foster 3D Countdown Calendar
Bo Bunny Polka Dot Brads
Kaiser Scrapbook Self Adhesive Pearls & Rhinestones
K & Company Peppermint Twist Chipboard Stickers
Making Memories Mini Shimmer Alphabet & Ledger Alphabet Stickers
Ki Memories Ice Candy & Number Stickers
Colorbox Chalk Inks – Lipstick Red, Robin’s Egg, Pink Pastel and Fresh Green(available at your local Michael’s Craft Stores)
Recollections Dimensional Stickers
Glue Glider Pro by Glue Arts
SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES by 3L 3D Foam Squares
Fiskars Paper Trimmer & Scissors
1) Cut strips of paper 1 ¾ by 8 inches for sides, 1 ¾ by 8 ½ inches for top. Ink edges and adhere with Glue Glider. Optional to add ink to the front and sides of box.
2) Using the provided template from the Karen Foster Calendar, trace template shape onto the backside of papers selecting a variety of patterns and colors. Cut out shapes. Ink edges of papers and adhere using Glue Glider to individual drawers.
3) Embellish the drawers with numbers, stickers, rhinestones, pearls and chipboard. Have fun with this step…vary the drawers and decorations. Add fun items to decorate each one.
4) Cut a long paper strip using the house print. Cut two small paper strips measuring ¼ inch by 1 inch. Fold in half. Adhere one half of strip on left side of the top of the box and the other on the right. Adhere long paper strips to small strips. These act as a way to hold up the long paper strip creating the backdrop. Add additional house chipboard pieces to embellish.
5) Next…the fun part…fill with all sorts of goodies…and put in a special place for a daily treat leading up to the holiday.
*Keep in mind…these boxes are perfect for other holidays in addition to Christmas and also make excellent keepsake boxes as well!
Tune in after Saturday for the next highlighted Christmas Craft! And wait till you see the Winter House and Trio of Trees I made as well!!
Last...how about a winner from the Bo Bunny Thankful Blog hop?? My winner is
Thankful for my neigbour who, when she hear my washer was broken , gave mr her old one :) Such a good friend!
11/27/2009 04:26:00 PM
Congrats Sue! Please email me at Buzybunny@gmail.com with your info! And I agree..that's a very good neighbor!
Thanks to everyone who left a comment...I loved reading all of them and hearing what you are all thankful for this year!
See you soon,