Warm weather, sunny skies, June on the calendar....
I've got a great craft just in time for Father's Day!
How about a wooden keepsake box...and even better perfect for the Dad or hubby (mine!) who love all things beachy!
This is a fantastic gift to make and give...and even better it serves a purpose.
I love those kinds of gifts.
This one is a winner as it can hold special keepsakes and momentos from a trip and much more!
Here's the scoop...and supply list..
Bo Bunny Paradise Flight, Paradise Locals, Paradise Cut Outs, Paradise Lingo, Sandy Toes Cardstock Stickers, Paradise Chipboard (available online at Scrapbook.com and ACherryontop.com
Glue Arts 3D Combo Pack Adhesive
Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro Adhesive
Wood Craft Box (Michael's)
Colorbox Chalk Inks
Large Circle Punch
Hot Glue Gun
Sand (yes...the real stuff!)
1) Paint the sides and top edge of box. This doesn't need to be perfect. I went for the beachy, painted, weathered look. So I wasn't too concerned if it wasn't fully covered and coated. It looked better if it was a bit imperfect. (hard for me to do!lol)
2) Once the paint is dry....turn box over and trace top onto backside of paper. Trace and cut out. Ink edges and set aside.
3) I knew I wanted it to look like there was an ocean on the design so I just hand drew a wavy shape and then cut out two layers. Ink the edges and glue onto background paper.
4) Punch out circle and ink edges. Set aside. Select chipboard shell shapes. Use Stickles glitter to add glittery accents to shells. Allow to dry.
5) Cut out the "sea" quote from die cut sheet. Wrap twine or raffia around quote. Use 3D adhesive and ahere to background paper.
6) Now add various chipboard shapes to the background paper. Leave a 1/4 inch space on the bottom for the sand border.
7) Adhere the background paper with elements onto the wood box.
8) Using paint brush or finger add a line of Mod Podge adhesive to bottom of paper. Generously sprinkle sand onto adhesive. Allow time to dry and then shake off excess sand.
9) Hot glue wood beads onto the bottom on the box.
Consider decorating the inside of the box as well! Add photos, brochures, tickets and more to remember a special trip!
I always bring back sand from every beach we visit....you never know when you'll need it! We save water bottles and fill them up with sand and shells...it's a family tradition.
I've now used the sand to fill hurricanes, decorate shadow boxes and as shown today...keepsake boxes!