Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Create a Cheerleader Mini Album

Hi and welcome to the GlueArts and Want2Scrap Spring into Summer Blog Hop!

I'm tickled to be apart of the hop!

As many of you may know I tend to work behind the scenes at GlueArts coordinating their Social Media, blog and design team. And while I have always been crafting however I did take time off from my scrapbooking and such.

I've felt such a great push to get back into things and this fun album from Want2Scrap was a fun way to kick things off! When I saw their adorable megaphone chipboard album, I knew just what I wanted to do with it. Turn it into a special keepsake that I am giving to my daughter next month for her birthday. It's just enough for a fun reminder for her of highlights from the hockey cheer season. From their homecoming parade, to their State Competition, (that they won) to their final cheer banquet of the season.



Hockey Cheer Chipboard Album
Glue Girl: Julia Sandvoss

Supplies:
GlueArts Glue Glider PRO+ Perma Tac
Extreme Adhesive Squares
U Cut It Foam
Raisen's
Want2Scrap Megaphone Chipboard Album
Want2Scrap Baby Bling and Pearl Bling
Authentique papers, diecuts and stickers
EK Success Border Punches
Sassafrass Lass Button Flowers & Alphabet Stickers
My Little Shoebox Alphabet Stickers
Core'dinations Cardstock
Colorbox Chalk Inks
Making Memories Butterflies
Maya Road Ribbon Tulle & Pins
Wool Felt
Pink Paislee Alphabet Stickers & Brad

Instructions & Tips:

1) When making an album such as this...I find it works best to have your supplies gathered before starting. I wanted a cohesive look throughout staying with the same colors, similar embellishments and papers. I set about first...printing my photos. Given the smaller size of the album I knew smaller photos would be the best way to go. I printed photos in 4 by 6, 3 by 5 and wallet size.

2) Once I had my photos I then set about gathering everything I needed. Papers, diecuts, stickers, alphabet stickers, ink, punches, felt...all items that I thought would work well, matching the color scheme and also that I had enough of for several pages if I wanted it to carry over.

3) I then set about tracing the papers out and cutting them to fit the unique album shape. I adhered all the papers to the album using the Glue Glider PRO+ Perma Tac cartridge. Then I inked and went to town adding my photos, punched border strips, ribbons, stickers, flowers, buttons...you name it..I probably added it.

4) To finish I tucked a cute "roll call" card into the final photo. My daughter can add all her friends names and such to it for memory sake and tuck it behind the last photo. Last for a fun idea I sewed glittery pom poms that I picked up at Hobby Lobby onto the ends of the ribbon. I then tied them onto the rings and now it makes a perfect finishing touch for a spunky cheerleader album!

5) This entire album is kid friendly too! Just pick up some items and photos and hand off to your cutie! I bet they would enjoy making their own too!













Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the GlueArts blog to post a comment to enter to win this week's Adhesive Giveaway! I can't say enough good things about the PRO+ and it's smooth gliding action, plus I love the U Cut It Foam...zero waster!! And I truly could not survive without the Adhesive Squares! Don't forget you can shop online at GlueArts.com


Here's where you can find all of today's projects and inspiration!

12 comments:

  1. Julia, this is adorable!!!!!! Great subject and perfect mini for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is just adorable. Love the shape and all the great trim and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be the sweetest mini album I've ever seen! LOVE it! And, appreciate you sharing the instructions and so many pictures. The colors are beautiful, and all the details and embellishments are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE your mini album, Julia! The W2S megaphone shape could not be more perfect for your DD's cheer photos, and I adore all the detail you've added to this! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure! Perfect for a cheerleader. Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your mini album. Great job and so much fun. She'll have a great memory keeper from school. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling and so fabulously colorful! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Projects love the colors and the papers. love the Embellishments thanks for sharing and for the chance to win.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on the mega phone and the purpose for it! Love the inspiration!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cheerleading album, Julia! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!!